There is only one way to install BHIM app on a windows phone. Yo will need to take help of an open source windows Project named as “Astoria”.
- Download wconnect and Android SDK’s ADB tool from here.
- Unzip both of the files on the folder
- Open the folder wconnect, then install IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.exe
- Go to your Windows 10 Mobile’s Settings page, then head over to Update & Security > For Developers and enable Developers Mode, as well as Device Discovery
- Now go to the extracted wconnect folder, then open an elevated command prompt (Shift+right click > Open command window here)
- After that, you’ll need to connect to the phone — and there’s two way of doing that (USB method is recommended):
- If you want to connect using USB, type wconnect.exe usb and hit enter
- And if you want to connect over Wi-Fi, type wconnect.exe 192.168.xxx.xxx (replace the xxx with your network’s IP)
- Then it’ll ask for the pairing code, just type the pairing code and hit enter
- After that, navigate to the extracted adb folder and open an elevated command prompt
- To make sure that your device is connected, type adb devices and hit enter to show the list of devices that are connected
- Lastly, place the APK file that you want to install on the same directory (adb folder) and type in adb install APKNAME.apk (replace APKNAME with the APK file’s name)
- Just wait for it to do its thing and you should be able to install the Android app on your Windows 10 device
After following all the instructions
- you will need to go to play store and search for the app. This method will allow you to run Play Store as well as all the other apps in it. BHIM is a real-time cashless transaction platform wherein the payments can be made through use of bio-metric finger prints. The payments done through this app is expected to start over the next 2 weeks. As of now, the new APP can be downloaded from Android app store.